This is Steve Chen, Fellow member of ACCA and today, I want to share with you the top tip of how to pass ACCA AFM Paper.
AFM paper is tough but adorable as it really mixes all strategic issues with practical financial management applications into exam questions. The syllabus looks quite scary but exam questions are not.
Here are the steps you can follow to pass this paper easily:
- Make sure you cover the ACCA AFM syllabus - things not on the syllabus such as working capital management - spend less time but just remind yourself of what is working capital - this is enough.
- Practise all published ACCA AFM past exam questions
- To be honest, I do not think technical articles are quite helpful in this exam, so if you do not have much time to prepare for the paper, you can skip all those technical articles.
- Read the examiners report - vital to this paper
- Please do make sure you are aware there are about 50 marks for WORDS/Comments - Please make sure you do not simply focus on calculation, but also focus more on comments.
If you follow the above steps, I am sure you will find this paper easier to pass.
In 2017, one of my students Martin Valent has won the first prize in AFM in Slovakia